Roles and responsibilities include:
- Utilizing internal company and external training resources, become the subject matter expert on the site’s aluminum extrusion process.
- Develop and track critical variables to analyze and report on extrusion press performance.
- Analyze and implement known company extrusion best practices.
- Assist in performing troubleshooting of the extrusion press as required.
- Define, develop, and execute capital investment projects in support of the extrusion press and associated ancillary equipment.
- Assist in improving operator and maintenance technician level of knowledge on extrusion press operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Be willing to participate in external training opportunities, including hydraulics fundamentals, basic PLC troubleshooting, OEM equipment specific training, and other identified training opportunities.
- Be willing to assume a leadership role within the extrusion department to set and maintain standards of operation and safety.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science with an emphasis on the extrusion process.
- Understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
- Aluminum extrusion experience, including isothermal extrusion control.
- Project management experience, including development of capital expenditure projects.
- Ability to analyze complex systems and render clear and organized interpretation.
- Experience in troubleshooting PLCs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to write clear problem definitions and job scopes.